Interim Policy to Address Responses and Precautions Concerning Coronavirus
At President Container Group and President Industrial Products, we are closely monitoring the ongoing developments related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The safety and well-being of our employees and customers is our highest priority. Therefore, effective immediately we will be implementing the following precautions and best practices to protect our employees, customers, and the community against the spread of COVID-19.
Symptoms of COVD-19 include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. In order to keep yourself and others safe please:
- Do not come into the workplace if you are sick or showing any symptoms of illness. Please stay home to avoid the potential of spreading to others.
- Practice social distancing – when greeting, opt for fist or elbow pumps instead of shaking hands. Try not to shake hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. If a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeves, not your hands. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces you frequently such as cell phone, car, and home.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands. It’s a good habit to avoid touching your face as germs can spread through your nose, mouth, and eyes. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
PCG – PIP Interim Policy:
- Non-Essential Visitors will not be permitted on site. Everyone will be responsible to cancel their own visits/meetings that might already be scheduled.
- All international travel MUST be reported to Human Resources PRIOR to travel. You may be subject to a 14 Day Self Quarantine period upon your return (PTO or unpaid)
- Current janitorial services only include the cleaning of common areas, such as lunchrooms, conference rooms, training rooms, and bathrooms. Individual offices and desks should be cleaned/sanitized by the individual employee.
- All common areas will be cleaned every 4 hours.
- Any employee that has been exposed to COVID-19 or diagnosed with MUST immediately notify Human Resources via phone or email. NY employees call extension 124 and NJ employees to call extension 336.
- All account executives are to work remotely and only come to the office if required and leave when finished
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, etc.
- If you have to visit a customer please call in advance to see what precautions they are taking.
- Drivers will not be permitted into the facility. Please follow the procedure posted at the gate and door 85 & 131.
Customer Pick Up at PIP:
- Customers will only be allowed access to the lobby where they will be assisted by customer service.
- The customer will proceed to the shipping office to pick up their order. The customer must remain in the waiting area.
- As per the OSHA website, Covid-19- Control and Prevention – Outside of healthcare and healthcare facilities, there is typically no need to perform special cleaning or decontamination of work environments when a person suspected of having the virus has been present, unless those environments are visibly contaminated with blood or other body fluids.
We have included a link from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding this new strain of coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to keep yourself safe: CDC Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Clean and Disinfect
We will update this policy as new information becomes available.
Thank You for your understanding. These precautions will result in a safe work environment and ensure the continuous operation of President Container Group and President Industrial Products.