President Container Group, a leading independent manufacturer of Corrugated Packaging (Sheets, Boxes, Trays, Partitions, Displays etc..) is seeking a full time experienced Manufacturing Manager for it’s factory in rural Orange County, NY( Middletown, NY), 60 miles north of New York City (20 miles from New Jersey and Pennsylvania). President Container, the manufacturing arm of PCG, is one of the largest corrugated plants (over 500,000 square feet) in North America. Our state of the art facility has some of the most up-to-date machinery in the industry, and with it we produce in excess of 2.3 billion square feet of corrugated each year. We are committed to producing sustainable packaging that is clean, safe, and protects the environment and the communities in which we live.
The Manufacturing Manager in a phrase is responsible for the “4 walls of the manufacturing process”, this includes but is not limited to:
The Manufacturing Manager will report directly to the Converting Production Manager and interface with the VP of Operations. The position is directly responsible for the supervision of the following departments: Tooling, Converting (A, B, C, D crews) and Strappers / Dressing. The Manufacturing Manager will monitor the performance criteria of over twenty converting machines. Each operational team (individually and as a team) will be monitored from the aspect of safety, setups, individual jobs (run speeds) and overall performance (as close to OEM specifications as possible). Additionally, responsible for analyzing areas of focus and growth stemming from root cause analysis to improve on root cause or work with planning by identifying jobs that are challenging to the machine center or better suited for production in other work centers within the factory.
The broad responsibilities that define the position from a proactive point of view includes:
- All aspects of Safety inclusive of Housekeeping
- Communications between all departments & management both laterally (Day to Day) and vertically (Day to Night) in a proactive manner as it relates to all facets of the manufacturing process
- Lead, groom, cultivate, mentor operators, supervisors & superintendents to the highest possible level of ability and moral
- Converting machine clean up processes along with consumables management
- Supporting, developing, implementing the necessary manufacturing processes, policies, procedures for a successful manufacturing facility
- The corrugator schedule as it relates to the converting department to highlight special needs and considerations (i.e. E flute, KemiArt, 5 color jobs, new customers, etc.).
- Direct interface with Maintenance Manager on Converting Machine conditions and schedule of machine maintenance events along with Planning Manager including machine testing post maintenance event
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years supervisor experience within the corrugated industry.
- 3 to 5 years working knowledge on flexo’s and / or die cutters
- Specialty folder gluers, laminators and other specialized equipment is a PLUS
- Have solid and clear understanding of safety policies, and regulations, including but not limited to LOTO.
- Have an understanding of high quality standards including Ink management, caliper checking and other standard industry quality procedures surrounding the converting process.
- Must have a working knowledge of all the machine centers within the area of responsibility.
- A working knowledge of the ACS “Stars” location and inventory system is a PLUS!
- A working knowledge of Kiwiplan FFF & PCS is a PLUS.
- Strong computer skills required due to equipment automation, process controls and internal operating systems.
- Demonstrated leadership skills as it relates to training, quality and safety.
- Possess strong communications (written and verbal) and analytical skills.
- Intermediate level Excel skills required.
- Must have a previous background within the corrugated industry.
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 multi shift operation.
- Experience with corrugator operations
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as relocation. Salary will be based upon relevant experience.
Only applicants with experience in the Corrugated field will be considered.
President Container Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. President Container Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.